Monday, January 2, 2012

Avoiding the "Inspirational" Trap

Strange coincidences often look like serendipity to me instead. Here's my horoscope from the Washington Post (Holiday Mathis) for today.
One person's perceived perfection can inspire another person to feel flawed. It's a trap that can be avoided through honesty, modesty and a down-to-earth attitude.
That's what I will be about for a few weeks here, trying to reconcile being "inspirational" with honesty and modesty. And I want my children to notice that this quote from a major newspaper did not use the "Oxford comma" -- same as I usually don't. (Yes, we do discuss things like that at home.)

Until next time, keep your eyes open for coincidences that are really the universe trying to tell you something.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever read The Alchemist? It's all about the universe's conspiracies for one's life. If you haven't, it's AMAZING. I think you'd really love it.

    Ooo! Ooo! Follow my blog! http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri - Yes, I read The Alchemist over the summer, as part of my curiosity to learn about Brazil and learn Portuguese. It blends well with my earlier Deepak Chopra phase.

    ReplyDelete