Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Real Purpose of My Treadmill

There are people I know who don't like using a treadmill because walking ought to get you somewhere, not just wear you out going nowhere. I never had a good counter-argument until this week. I realized that if I sat on the couch listening to my favorite music with headphones, people would think I was doing nothing and interrupt me. If I listen to the same music with my earbuds while on a treadmill or any other exercise equipment, no one bothers me; they assume I am busy!

The epiphany here is that the purpose of the treadmill might be just to get you uninterrupted time alone with your favorite music. And THAT would be worth it even if it didn't make you healthier on the way there! (But it does, and that's even better.)

Let the playlist begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment