Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Kangoo Jumps® Instructor Adventure Continues

If a passion for something were enough to accomplish it, I would be a Kangoo Jumps® instructor by now. Instead, it's been almost a year since I took the initial course in August 2012. I just learned this week that the video that has held me up did not need to be as complicated as I was making it. Plus, my horoscope this morning said I should just get out of my own way and most of my obstacles would disappear.

But enough about me. Here is an opportunity for YOU to become a Kangoo Jumps instructor.  On August 18, 2013, in Franconia, Virginia, there will be a one-day workshop to start the licensing process. That's the blue flyer.  This is the course I took last year. Once you take the course, there are three other requirements. One, you have to be certified as a group fitness instructor (GFI) by an accredited certifying organization, like AFAA or ACE. Two, to be certified as a GFI, you need to be CPR-certified. Third, of course, is the video showing you actually instructing (very specific criteria). Of course, if you are GFI-certified and teaching something else already, that shortens the process.



But wait, there's more! If you want to really sharpen your skills at instructing a music-based Kangoo Jumps class, Chakaboom Fitness is offering a six-week course for exactly that (the pink flyer). Six Saturday morning classes, four hours each, will take you step-by-step (pun intended) toward becoming an excellent Kangoo Jumps instructor. Many of the skills will come in handy for any other music-based fitness class you happen to teach. For more information about the two courses, email kathchakaboom@gmail.com.

The catch? In order to take the six-week course, you have to take the one-day course first. Never tried a Kangoo Jumps class before? No problem. Check out the schedule of regular classes at Chakaboom Fitness, the Franconia location, either on Facebook or at ChakaboomFitness.com. There are classes four days a week where you can rent boots and try it for yourself.


As for me, I am going to listen to my horoscope, and a piece of advice from back in the late 1970s. "You get what you resist," so I am going to get out of my own way and stop resisting the obstacles to getting my video done. You know I'll keep you posted on how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment